- The outdoor event possesses potential risks and danger. The Organizer has purchased Public Liability Insurance and Group Personal Accident Insurance for the event. Participants may purchase accident / casualty insurance and property insurance on their own whenever necessary.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse any application.
- All application fees and other donations are not refundable. If a participant provides incorrect information, fails to pay application fee or follow correct application procedure within designated time, the Organizer reserves the right to reject their application.
- All participants must declare they are physically fit to join and participate in the event. They must comply and accept the requirements and related terms established by the event Organizer. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from chronic diseases such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not join the event. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant known or suspected to be unfit to participate in the event. All application fees and donations of the disqualified person will not be refunded.
- Participants are encouraged to wear event T-Shirt or colorful jerseys and proper shoes so as to alert hikers and other park visitors from distance.
- Participants should always pay attention to the safety of themselves and other park users (hikers/cars) during the event. Participants should stop or slow down and give way to the hikers, especially along narrow and steep sections. Participants shall assume liability in case of any accident caused by negligence, which results in death or injury, or any damage to or loss of property during the course of the event.
- Bib tag should be displayed in front of the chest of all participants for identification.
- Participants may be disqualified if he/she fails to arrive at the starting area before the designated start time.
- Timing chips will be provided by the organizer. Participants are liable for compensation of $150 per piece in case of damage or loss.
- The Organizer reserves the right of final decision of the event. Any changes or contingent measures for the event announced by the Organizer and posted on the Organizer’s web page shall prevail.
- All final decisions will be based on the Chinese version of the leaflet.
Detailed Note for Participants will be uploaded onto The Conservancy Association’s website two weeks prior to the event and will be sent to all team leaders via email. All leaders please forward the note to their members.
Inclement Weather & Emergency Arrangement
- The event will be cancelled if tropical cyclone warning signal No. 3 or above, red or black rainstorm warning is hoisted by the Hong Kong Observatory on the event day before 7:00am.
- The event will be delayed for 30 minutes if thunderstorm warning is hoisted (affecting New Territories West) by the Hong Kong Observatory before the event. The event will be cancelled if the warning is hoisted (affecting New Territories West) by the Hong Kong Observatory for over an hour.
- The event will be temporarily halted or cancelled if tropical cyclone warning signal No.3 or above, red or black rainstorm warning or thunderstorm warning is hoisted by the Hong Kong Observatory during the event. All participants should immediately look for a safe place to stay temporarily.
- The event will be temporarily halted or cancelled if emergency situations occur during the event due to natural or man-made disasters (flood, hill fire, landslide, collapse of tree, earthquake, damage of road, fights, etc.). All participants should immediately look for a safe place to stay temporarily. If participants do not follow the instructions given by officials, the Organizer shall not assume any liability of any lost or injury caused.
- In case of any accident (such as crash or knocking down animals that leads to injury, etc). The Organizer reserves the right to temporarily halt, delay and cancel the event to allow timely support and rescue.
For details, please refer to event website www.cahk.org.hk