Thanks for support! We MADE IT!
Update on 19 Sep 2019
Dear All Supporters,
Thank you for your support. We haven’t forgotten you and everyone’s support!
We have completed our Loch Ness swim challenge on 3rd September successfully. Newspaper article can be found below (available in English only):
Our time was 11hours 38minutes which is 3 hours faster than the world record of 4-people relay crossing Loch Ness. It is yet pending to be ratified by British Long Distance Swimming Association (BLDSA).
We have just come back to our home and start to work for each supporter’s request and initiate productions of our products.
We are waiting for the list of personal information of supporters from the crowdfunding website (fringebackers and startovač) in order to procced. We aim to complete all the product delivery before 31 November 2019. We appreciate your patience meanwhile.
Without your support, we wouldn’t be able to make the World Record happen. Your support helped us on settling the budgets of the piloting service (2000 gbp) and our transportation/accommodation expenses for the swim challenge (2000 gbp).
Born To Swim Team
Start at 5am on 3 September
Update on 3 Sep 2019
Today, 3 September, suddenly, we will start swimming at 5am in the dark. gona arrive port at 3:45am.
GPS location tracker will be provided later. Facebook live if we have signals on ‘Born To Swim International’ fb page。
Newspaper article and updates
Update on 2 Sep 2019
Thank you for all the back-up. Our team is on the way to Loch Ness.
We got a news article on South China Morning Post.
Let s hope the weather will allow us to swim this week. We will make live broadcast on Facebook page ‘Born To Swim International’ when we will start the swim and during the swim.
Born To Swim Team
How we will make it!
Update on 27 Aug 2019
Update on 26-August-2019
How we will make it!
1. We have registered under British Long Distance Swimming Association (BLDSA) for this swim already. It will be ratified officially once we will complete it.
2. From 1995 to today, there are only 5 relay teams who swam across Loch Ness under BLDSA's ratification. There were two relays done in July 2019 that are not ratified yet. The world current official record is 12hour 5minute. Counting also the unratified relay done in July 2019, the world record should be 10hour 28min 18sec. It will depends on many factors mainly water condition and weather and we will attempt to smash it.
3. Our navigation pilot is Kevin Murphy who swam acrossed English Channel solo 34 times in his life. He is absolutely a legend in open water swimming. He should be able to assist us to swim across it with his experience.
4. The weather forecast tells that it will rain everyday next week when we will be there. Nevertheless, we can swim with rain, wind and wave. Only lightning can be dangerous to us. Hopefully, there will be a wind pushing us from the back. We can swim if the wind is less than 20 mile/hour which won't make our bodies flip. Water temperature is estimated to be 12.9c from Fort Augustus. It will increase gradually to 15c and in the end point Lochend 16c. We are well-trained already in ice water (under 5c).
Our photo card with signatures
Limited Edition - Loch Ness Monster Lanyard Phone Strap
Limited Edition - Loch Ness Monster Born To Swim Cap
Limited Edition - Loch Ness Born To Swim Foldable Coffee Cup
Limited Edition - Loch Ness Born To Swim String Bag
11 L, 35 x 45 cm
Limited Edition - Loch Ness Born To Swim Microfiber Fast-dry towel
70 x 140 cm
Limited Edition - Loch Ness Born To Swim T-shirt
Please tell us your T-shirt size
Foldable Coffee Cup + String bag
Swim Cap + Fast-dry towel
Combo of gifts:
String bag + fast-dry towel
All in (7 items):
Card + Lanyard phone strape + Swim cap + coffee cup + string bag + fast-dry towel + T-shirt
Contribute any amount
- We welcome any pledge amount. Thank you for supporting the project without any rewards.