We are prevailing against the COVID-19 outbreak. While most of us focus on getting by, such as securing essential supplies or planning the next home-cooked meal, the unsung heroes among us never took a day off – so important is their work to society's functioning that they can neither work from home nor avoid human contact. To support these heroes, Senior Citizen Home Safety Association (SCHSA) is launching a donation campaign "Support our Unsung Heroes" Special Programme to support the provision of 2 years' free services under Personal Emergency Link (PEL), Safety Phone or eCare Link® Mobile App to the elderly parents of the below unsung heroes:
- Frontline Care-related Support Workers: those who work supporting roles to provide clinical services in hospitals run by The Hospital Authority, or health care assistants working in private hospitals and etc.
- Frontline Residential Care Workers: those who work in elderly care centres or equivalent.
- Frontline Cleaning and Sanitation Workers: those who work for government assigned service contractors, hospitals, shopping malls or other public areas.
- Frontline Supermarket Workers: those who serve at the supermarket cashier or work for the stock delivery force.
- Frontline Food Delivery Workers: those who work as food delivers for cafes, restaurants or food delivery platforms and etc.
Reference of Donation Amount:
- Each donation of HK$2,952 provides one beneficiary with 2-year free service of Personal Emergency Link (PEL).
- Each donation of HK$4,032 provides one beneficiary with 2-year free service of eCare Link® Mobile App.
- Each donation of HK$4,512 provides one beneficiary with 2-year free service of Safety Phone.
For the surplus of donation other than the programme needs, SCHSA will make use of the surplus for the Care-On-Call Charity Programme or elderly support services developments.