This Christmas, our MBA team from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has taken up the Operation Santa Claus MBA Challenge to raise funds and awareness for Hong Kong charities over the winter festive season.
Our team has been awarded the highest seed capital from Swire Properties to help kick start our fundraising plans!
Here’s what we will do and how YOU can be part of it!
POP UP CHRISTMAS TREE
All throughout December, we will be touring our uniquely designed, hand-made POST-IT Christmas tree filled with warm festive messages. There will be a permanent location at the The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and at selected locations in the city.
At these locations, we encourage you to make a donation to Operation Santa Claus and “Tag Your Love” on tree to help make it one of the biggest Post It Tree that has been created in Hong Kong! Our event will include fun photo-taking opportunities and gifts!
SPREAD THE LOVE
You are encouraged to tag their photos and love ones online and follow our fan pages. As the event continues to grow in publicity, we will launch additional surprises!
- Donate on FringeBacker
- Come to our event and Tag your love messages
- Tag and Donate on behalf of your friend as a gift gesture
- Share your photos on our Facebook page and your own ones
We aim to surpass HK$200,000 (from now till 31 December 2015). Your support will help bring a better tomorrow for those in need.
ABOUT OPERATION SANTA CLAUS (OSC)
OSC is worth helping!
- OSC is an annual fundraising campaign jointly organized by SCMP and RTHK Radio 3 since 1998 (http://osc.scmp.com/ ).
- It has raised more than HK$230 million to help 214 local charities.
- Every year it expends funds to selected beneficiary charities which may find it difficult to get sufficient fundings from the government.
SELECTED BENEFICIARY CHARITIES 2015
You will be supporting 22 chosen charities in five distinct areas: children and youth, community, elderly, medical issues and mental and physical disabilities e.g. Children's Thalassaemia Foundation and Maggie's Cancer Caring Centre (http://osc.scmp.com/pdf/leaflet/OSC_2015_Beneficiaries.pdf ). Your donations will mean a lot to them!
For donation at HK$100
- What is your Xmas/ New Year wish? Please state.
- We will write post-it note on your behalf and tag it on our OSC x HKUST MBA Christmas tree.
For donation at HK$350
For donation of $350 or above, donor receives one (1) FREE group class voucher at the TOPFIT studio and one (1) FREE group training session outdoors with Arnz Fitness Movement (AFM)*
1. Backer/ Donor donates money on FringeBacker platform
2. Once donations (by cheque/credit card) have been received, FringeBacker will send the 'Payment Confirmation' to the donor’s e-mail.
3. To redeem the voucher/ training,
- TOPFIT indoor group class voucher: Donor goes to TOPFIT and redeem it by presenting the 'Payment Confirmation'.
- AFM training session outdoors: Donor contacts Arnold by e-mail ([email protected]) and redeem it by presenting the 'Payment Confirmation'
* The sponsors:
TOPFIT is Hong Kong’s premier fitness space offering an elite, curated experience that delivers on its promise: Results. (Check for more details: http://www.top-fit.com/ )
Arnz Fitness Movement (AFM) is a fitness and nutrition platform, which offers outdoor training as a part of the brand.
(Check for more details: https://www.facebook.com/arnzfitnessmovement/ )
From now on until 31.12.2015
Declaimer: Operation Santa Claus, HKUST MBA and other organizations in this campaign will not be responsible or liable for any matter in relation to relevant coupons, vouchers, gifts, products or related services. Any enquiry, comment or complaint about the quality of relevant coupons, vouchers, gifts, products or service should be directed to relevant sponsor. Should there be any disputes, the sponsors reserve all rights and final decisions."
- Post your message on our tree
- Post your message on our tree + gym vouchers
- Corporate sponsor to name the tree
Contribute any amount
- We welcome any pledge amount. Thank you for supporting the project without any rewards.