6 Hour Swim for English Channel Qualification
Update on 14 May 2020
- Attach the video is from last Saturday when I successfully swam 6 hours continuously with short breaks in 16.0 degree Celsius water in Brno, Czech Republic. I am now qualified for English Channel. Next step will be a professional medical check-up including cardiovascular function by a sports doctor next Friday.
- After isolation at home for 28 days, I have been training for the 5th week in cold water in lake. Distance amount has been increased.
- This crowdfunding is extended to 31-August-2020.
Updates on 23-April-2020
Update on 23 Apr 2020
- Period on 6-14 October 2020 has been reserved with Pilot Stuart Gleeson. Deposit payment of £1000 has been paid. The exact date will be known upon arrival depending on the water condition.
- Training camp in Ireland in the end of May 2020 was cancelled due to Wuhan virus. Budget is decreased down by HKD$10,000. The qualification of 6 hour swim in 16 or below degree water will be carried out in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Lowered down the fundraising goal as HKD$30,000 on Fringebacker. If successful, admin fee from Fringebacker will be HKD$2700 instead of HKD$9000. Budget can be saved.
- Based on above, budget has been readjusted from HKD$100,000 into HKD$75,000.
- Outside this crowdfunding of HKD$30,000, more sponsors are being searched at the moment to cover the rest HKD$45,000.
- Extended this crowdfunding project live for one more month, until 11 May 2020.
Currently, I haven’t got a layout of products yet due to a rush time-frame. Please write me your email address, contact details and phone number. Later, I will design swimming cap, fast-dry towel and swimsuit with recycled textile. I can write you when all my products will be settled like last time in Loch Ness crowdfunding. :) But I can’t promise what exact products I will be able to make yet.